Scientific Work

All scientific work including collection of any type of sediments in Greenland require a scientific licence from the MLSA. 

Application Documents

Applicants for scientific work must forward an application form and an insurance statement to the MLSA.

The application form should contain general information about the applicant, information about the planned activities and the location of these. 

The insurance statement is intended to ensure that any costs related to search and rescue will by covered by the applicant and not the Government of Greenland. The insurance statement must be filled out and stamped by an insurance company or an appropriate institution, which can cover such costs. 

Please contact us in case of any questions, .

Please be advised that simple e-mail adresses is preferable with our spam filter. 

Information on other types of scientific work

Please note that information on scientific work which excludes mineral resources can be found on the official Government site for expeditions and research projects in Greenland. On this site you can find information about other kinds of scientific work that require permitting and you can download guidelines and application forms.