The overall vision of the mineral strategy is to differentiate the economy, create new jobs, skills and business for existing enterprises and contribute with revenue to the treasury and contribute to the economic development to the benefit of all of Greenland. The strategy is divided into five priority areas, including 13 objectives which the Ministry of Mineral Resources will seek to achieve in the strategy period by launching and implementing 34 initiatives.
The five priority areas are:
1. Improved sharing of geological knowledge
2. Efficient, predictable and transparent case administration
3. Simplified transition from exploration to exploitation
4. Sustainable development of the mineral resources industry
5. Competitive tax and royalty model